Iowa Student Loan Options
We work with Iowa Student Loan (ISL) Education Lending to offer private loans to help you pay for college as well as refinance existing student loans. ISL Education Lending is a nonprofit organization with decades of student loan experience offering lower-priced loans.*
ISL Education Lending offers:
- Loans for college students.
- A loan option for parents and family members who wish to borrow on behalf of a college student.
- Multiple student loan refinance options.
In addition, they offer multiple scholarship opportunities and free college planning tools to help students and families avoid overborrowing and plan smart for life during and after college.
Learn more about ISL Education Lending’s offerings on their website.
- All loans offered by ISL Education Lending are subject to credit approval.
- Before applying for a private loan, we encourage you to first complete the FAFSA,or Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You should also work with your college financial aid office to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid before seeking a private student loan.
*American Bank & Trust is compensated by ISL Education Lending for the referral of student loan customers.
Student Loan Tools and Tips
Take advantage of Iowa Student Loan's smart borrowing resources while planning for college and before applying for student loans.
These free resources include online tools to help students and families:
- Avoid over borrowing
- Explore jobs and potential earnings for graduates of specific majors.
- Estimate total college costs for four years of undergraduate students.
- Before applying for a private loan, be sure to complete the FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid, first. You should also work with our college financial aid office to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid before seeking a private student loan.
About Iowa Student Loan
Iowa Student Loan was established in 1979 as a private, nonprofit corporation, and its mission is to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in post-secondary education.