Manage and monitor debit card activity
The Card Controls feature on your iCan Mobile Banking app is a great way to manage your debit card. You can freeze it, disable it, control spending, add location-based controls, and more.
- If you are trying to establish or stick to a budget, Card Controls can help. You can set spending limits by assigning alerts to specify thresholds by merchant types, such as gas, groceries, or retail stores.
- The flexible tool within the app lets you change these parameters anytime with ease via the Ambank mobile app.
- Going on vacation? Holiday Shopping? Simply update your transaction controls to fit your spending needs.
- Alerts keep you informed when your card is being used or declined.
- Turning your debit card off when you’re not using it helps safeguard against fraud. When your card is “off”, no withdrawals or purchases will be approved.
**For those customers that do not have our mobile application, there is a separate Card Controls application within the Google Playstore or iTunes Store.
Card controls are available with both Apple and Android devices.
Opt-In for Peace of Mind
When you have an overdraft as result of a debit card or ATM transaction, American Bank & Trust may cover the shortfall and approve the transaction, charging you an overdraft fee. As an existing American Bank & Trust checking customer, we need your permission to “opt in” before covering ATM and one-time debit transactions when the funds are not available.
At American Bank & Trust, we are giving you the option to choose to have these transactions considered for payment. Is “Opting In” the right choice for you? We want to ensure our customers make fully informed decisions about their American Bank & Trust accounts. If you have any questions, please contact your local branch office.
If you are an existing American Bank & Trust personal checking customer and would like to “Opt In” online, please complete our opt-in form here or visit your local branch office.
**We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
**If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.